Thursday, June 4, 2009
Locate the following images:
Assignment 3 - B and C (Otterbein Cards)
Put them in Burn Folder
Edit the Following:
Assignment 2 - replace Erin's image with mine
Print the Following:
Assignment 4 - A and B
Burn CD with all finished work.
And buy a portfolio.
Dear god. This weekend will hate me.
Monday, June 1, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Above is the progress on my series of three. I created a magazine cover, and one page from inside the magazine. I am trying to link articles to the cover page (see the blue shape for Ancona Design on page 11 on the cover, and then see actual page 11). I have yet to decide on the theme for the last image. I will probably be doing something with the 2010 World Equestrian Games.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
My intention with this project is to create a series of three images that resemble a cover of a fashion magazine and two inserts from that magazine. This project will be largely photo based. The magazine will be titled "K.Vogel" and will feature equestrian-themed apparel. Photography and horse riding are my two biggest interests, and so I plan on combining them in this project. My intention is to create images that would interest both fashion-oriented consumers and equestrians.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
I'm thinking something along the lines of a magazine cover series, since I love photographing people.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Featured are my thumbnail images and the final products for Assignment #5, the art festival poster project. We were to create a series of three posters for the imaginary art festival of our choice. I used two background textures, one a plaster wall and the other red brick. I used spray paint and splatter brushes (originally my color palate was yellow and red, which made my posters look more like a crime scene than spray paint. Very BAD for an Urban Art poster, haha.) I brought the saturation down and added blue to give it a cool, grungy look. These posters are very busy-looking, with hardly any negative space. Generally I like negative space, but graffiti art doesn't generally have much, so neither do the posters. I think these posters would appeal to the crowd that they are trying to reach.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
The above images are textures that I took photos of. For the next poster project, I'll be needing different worn-looking textures such as brick, maybe the side of a train, a broken sidewalk, an old bench, etc.
Oooh, thought. Pigeon. Don't ask =)
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Above is my conception of how the world would look after global warming killed all of us off. Happy, right? I created a map of the world (bottom image) and tried my best to make it Mars-esque. The next step is to create snapshot outtakes (probably just a couple) of how deserted the world is, almost like an image in a National Geographic or something. Ironic how no one would be around to read it. Except the aliens O.o!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
And it's time for Project 4. This project will be 12" x 12" at 300 dpi about "a social issue that affects you directly". We can't use any text. FML =)
Some themes that I'm interested in using for the project:
Global Warming, Drug Abuse, Drunk Driving, Alcoholism, Eating Disorders, Mental Illness, Teen Pregnancy, Suicide, Domestic Violence
The ones that affect me directly:
Global Warming, Drug Abuse, Alcoholism
The thumbs are posted above. I think I'm going to do Global Warming. I can come up with an entirely digital image of planet earth, except colored like mars and emanating heat like the sun. My other ideas would have to be mostly photo based, and this isn't a photo class. So I'm going to start creating earth.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Image Size: 12" x 16"
Resolution: 300 dpi
Well, today in class I had a counseling session because I didn't know who I was, which made this project extremely difficult. Impossible, actually. Apparently I am "Outgoing, Elegant Gothic, Dark, Nice, enjoy Fashion Photography, Animal Photography, respect Digital and Graphic artists, and have a wild side." Basically I'm a bunch of randomness. No wonder I couldn't settle on a theme. But now that I have something to go on, hopefully this project will turn out successfully. My intention will be to demonstrate my personality in this portrait: Bold, dark but elegant, and my love of fashion photography. Since I have may more photos of my sister, and people say we look alike in photos (though I don't think so at all) I will be using an image of her on a distressed background.
Above are the thumbnails that should have come first. The first two images (left) are the first failed attempt because I had done neither thumbnails or an artist statement. The second set (center) came a little closer, but I got stuck because I hadn't thought it out and ended up botching it all together. The last set (right) is the final set that I created after writing my artist statement. While I should have drawn out more thumbnails, this piece still worked out and is the final version.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Can be reduced to B&W and read the same
First and Last initial
This logotype will be used on all remaining projects
Image size: 3" x 3"
Resolution: 300 dpi
Came up with a plethera of concepts for the logotype project. Finished three drafts, none of which I can upload to this site from this computer because the Otterbein network is retarded. Instead I've uploaded two quick drafts created in paint. Screw windows. Initials used are A and H, combined into one. Of the two versions posted, V.1 (left) is simple and spiff, but because I like things more complicated than they need to be I gravitate towards V.2 (right).