Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Computer Art Assignment #2 P.2

Above is my Artist Self Portrait. I created a grunge background using a photo that I took of an old fort in St. Croix. The paint was old and chipping, which made a great pattern to use for this image. The photo is of my sister, Erin, because we look similar and I did not have many of myself. I desaturated it and layered it over the background using "Pin Light." The resulting image is elegant, and the distressed background gives it a dark (but not too dark, more of an old, classic) quality. I set it on a bold border to give it a bit of structure considering the busy background. You can see my logo faded into the bottom right hand corner. I believe it successfully communicates the goals that I set for this portrait (previous post).

No comments:

Post a Comment